2015 MJM Yachts 36z Downeast
Yacht price :
Dress Blue is a late model MJM 36z in pristine condition. This boat was configured with all the most desirable options:
- Yanmar Power Package
- Queen Island Berth
- Stall Shower
- Walk Through Transom
- Additional Air Conditioning System for Helm Deck
- Power Front Windows
- Power Lift for Engine Hatch
- MJM Yachts
- 36z Downeast
- Morehead City, NC, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Dress Blue
- Boat Type:
- Express Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Doug Zurn
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Draft - max:
- 2 ft 6 in - 0.76 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Cruise Speed:
- 31 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 260 (Individual), 520 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 40 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 200 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 98 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 18 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
MJM Yachts is a South Carolina LLC, founded in 2002 by Bob Johnstone, who also founded J Boats, Inc. the leading performance sailboat brand worldwide with 13,000 boats.
Boston BoatWorks of East Boston is the sole licensed builder, providing exceptional service assistance and a unique high-tech building process based on more than 35 years experience building custom racing sailboats.
The "Z" stands for Zurn Yacht Design, MJMs designer. Doug Zurn and Bob Johnstone jointly created the signature MJM down east look which is patented under US D475,338S.
That MJM "look" is a blend of Bob's favorite powerboats: A Carolina sportfish flared bow; the large side openings and sightlines of a Matthews cruiser, the tumblehome of an Adirondacks speedboat and the open pilothouse and single level deck of a Maine lobsterboat.
The hull is designed to be narrower than the powerboat norm for easier handling, trucking by road without chase cars, less resistance for fuel efficiency and greater stability in cross seas.
This modified deep "V" starts out with a 50 deg. deadrise at the cutwater tapering to 18 degrees 2/3's aft and then a constant at 18 degrees to the transom... thus providing greater stability at rest, less drag, better fuel efficiency and better tracking in following seas than dated deep "V" designs.
Sophisticated lifting strakes and chine flats redirect wave energy out and down to provide a stabilizing force to counteract roll, introduce air under the hull to reduce resistance and produce a dry ride.
- Queen Island Berth forward
- Deluxe cherry planked hull siding, forward bulkhead with bookshelves, storage shelves with cold-molded fiddles above berths
- Gloss varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
- OceanAir dual privacy pull shades & screens for all ports and hatches.
- Corian counter-tops.
- Off-white, foam backed vinyl headliner.
- Hanging locker with outboard storage shelf plus clothing hooks (3)
- Teak companionway steps with tool, pot or shoe storage compartments.
- Polished SS sink with removable Corian cover
- Drawers (3) for flatware w/Rubbermaid organizer, utensils & rolled goods
- Dual (top-loading and drawer) 5.5 cu ft, 12V Seafrost ice box and freezer with two icetrays.
- General Ecology Seagull Water Purifier.
- Princess Single Burner Ceramic Cooktop
- 5-Way Microwave Oven
- Flip panel access to large Rubbermaid trash bin, reachable from cockpit
- Dark Majestic Blue Awlcraft 2000 topped with 3 coats of Clear.
- Exceptionally strong composite of wet prepreg E-glass, KEVLAR and epoxy with a 60:40 ratio (glass to resin). vacuum-bagged to 2116 lbs per square foot and oven post-cured at 145F.
- High tech water-resistant structural foam throughout, Corecell in hull and AIREX C70 in deck with Penske Core and G10 hardware reinforced areas.
- Solid unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP centerline keel/backbone with structural grid and anti-collision stem to minimize damage from grounding.
- Certified by IMCI as CE Mark (ISO) Offshore Category B vessel, the highest classification for a boat under 40 feet.
- Exceptionally strong and rigid, FRP molded windshield frame.
- Transferable 10-year osmotic blister warranty.
- Cook Armor Flex gelcoat deck w/sand-textured buff non-skid
- Single level deck from wheel to transom seat avoids trip hazards.
DECK HARDWARE AND FEATURES
- Deck hatches are fitted with scuppers to drain overboard, gasketed to prevent water from going into the bilge and with lockdowns.
- Power operated front windows
- Power operated engine hatch
- Teak decking in pilothouse with non skid in the cockpit
- Swim platform with Armstrong custom ladder and Scandvik h/c shower,
- Fully-opening windshields with safety glass and electric wiper/washers.
- Access Hull Doors to cockpit (Port & Starboard).
- Stidd 500N Low-Back Admiral Recliner Piloting Seats on adjustable pedestal that lowers to allow chairs to swivel 360 degrees for living room setting.
- Removable, varnished teak single-leaf table w/dual locations.
- Stainless 1-1/4" bow rail with spotlight and 16" teak burgee staff.
- Muir windlass with self-launching Lewmar claw anchor w/250' rode/Chain and high-pressure fresh-water, chain/rode washer operable from helm.
- Deck drains to gray water system and out transom avoiding hull stain.
- Heavily reinforced custom bow chocks and deck cleats.
- 17 SS safety grab rails. Over cabin trunk & hardtop (4) and under (3), on windshield frame outside (4) and inside (2), at companionway & console (4).
- Cockpit sole locker for inflatable dinghy or offshore survival raft.
- Cavernous 20"W x72"L x40"H pilothouse settee lockers w/mesh storage bags for mountain bikes, hard luggage or golf clubs.
- 11 hatches & opening ports with Ocean Air combo shades/screens...more fresh air and light than any 36 footer we know of.
- Drink holders (6)
- American flag with teak staff and retainer pin.
HELM AND ELECTRONICS
- Varnished teak-rimmed Edson 24" destroyer wheel.
- Yanmar power with Joy Stick.
- Raymarine P70R (rotary) Autopilot Control
- Lenco electric trim-tabs with console control.
- 360 degree panoramic sightlines.
- Dual piloting layout
- Console with gray anti-glare top surface
- Ritchie SS-2000 4.5" flush-mount, high-performance, Supersport compass
- 25x17 Nav Station for Chartkit or laptop with 4" deep Nav drawer.
- Hinged companionway cover with fiddle doubles as chart surface underway.
- AFI Stainless Dual Trumpet Electric Horn
- Raymarine E 165 Multi-Function Display
- 350W Airmar Gemeco depth sensor with i70R multi-function display
- Raymarine 24" 4 KW high definition, color radar
- Raymarine 218VHF with RAM at helm
- Twin Yanmar 6BY3 260 hp diesels
- Yanmar sterndrives with hydraulic multi-disc clutch
- 500 Series Racor fuel filters (2)
- 200 gallons diesel fuel capacity in aluminum 100 gallon fuel tanks (2)
- Seafire automatic fire suppressant system in engine compartment.
- LED lighting throughout (23 fixtures)
- 700 Ampere/Hours of absorbed glass-mat battery capacity.
- Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings w/galvanic isolator.
- 110Volt AC Shorepower w/MasterVolt Inverter/Charger, 2-50' 30 Amp Cords
- Pressure hot/cold water w/10-gal.heater, 98-gal. tank & marina inlet hookup
- Automatic electric bilge pumps (2) and manual emergency pump (1)
- Vacuflush head, 18 gal holding tank w/ overboard macerator discharge.
- Gray water sump for shower, icebox and AC condensate.
- Northern Lights 5KW M673D 1800 rpm, 3 Cyl Genset in sound box
- MarineAir 16,000 BTU Air Conditioning with Reverse Cycle Heat for cabin and
- MarineAir 12,000 BTU Additional unit for cooling/heating helm deck
- Clarion Stereo System, Amplifier, MP3/IPod Jack, 2 Bose Cubes in Saloon and 2 Clarion Deck Speakers
- 26" Samsung LED Flatscreen HDTV w/cable TV dock hook-up & cable.
- Hella Turbo Fans (2) on Forward Bulkhead
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.