2009 MJM Yachts 40z
Yacht price :
MZO is hull #5 and is in very nice condition. This is a great opportunity to own an MJM 40Z at a 36Z price. MZO has the Cummins Axius stern drive system that is great for shoal draft. The Joystick control and Sky Hook features make docking a snap. With its beautiful lines, seakeeping design, fuel efficiency and social livability the 40z has become the bench mark for 40' downeast yachts.
New Out Drives and Housings 2019
Full Paint in 2015
Bottom Paint in 2019
Upgraded Audiophile Stereo System
- MJM Yachts
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Doug Zurn
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 18800 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 3 in - 0.99 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- Cruise Speed:
- 30 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 320 (Individual), 640 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 38 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 175 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Beginning forward, the MJM 40Z has a generous master stateroom with large(60" X 78") island berth and generous storage in 4 drawers in the aft end and large plastic storage bins underneath. Dual bookcases and wide shelves are handy to both sides of the berth. There are two 19 X 19 hatches overhead, one of which is directly over the berth for watching stars at night or quick deck access which is a safe and dry way to inspect the anchoring gear without having to go on deck. Additionally, in hull opening ports provide exceptional light and ventilation and are equipped with shades and screens. There's an ensuite shower with seat to starboard as well as a combination head/shower to port.
Just aft is the convenient and fully equipped galley to port and a settee to starboard. This settee converts to an over and under double berth. It's a wonderful area which is well suited to dining, playing games, working or just keeping the cook company.
The pilot house is an expansive area with comfortable seating for eight with Stidd chairs that rotate to join the conversation and two comfortable settees with a teak table for alfresco dining and cocktails. This area is conditioned with a dedicated 16,000 BTU system.
Continuing aft is the expansive cockpit which increases the seating capacity on a single level social area to 15!
The storage is extensive. A central hatch to a utility room under the pilot house, two cavernous lockers under the settees and a full beam aft storage area forward of the engines. This space will hold all the toys, tools and extras.
The ergonomics of the cockpit side doors make boarding easy and safe for everyone, from youngsters to seniors. The generous bow rails, abundant hand holds and nicely proportioned side decks add to the ease of moving around on deck.
Engines and Mechanical
Twin Cummins QSD 4.2l 320 hp engines paired with Axius stern drives. The Axius drives offer joystick control for docking and maneuvering, Skyhook, that will maintain heading and position while waiting for bridge openings or your turn at the infrequent visit to the fuel dock. The Axius drives also have the added advantage of reduced draft (as little as 26 inches) and by raising the drives, the ability to kneel on the swim platform and inspect/service the props. Their positioning also allow for a large aft storage area.
- Twin Cummins QSD 4.2l 320 - 1180 hours
- 28-31 MPH Cruise - 38 MPH WOT
- Axius Stern Drives - New drives, drive housings and trim assemblies - 2019
- 16,000 x 2 AC/Heat units
- H/C pressurized water system
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine e120 color plotter with 4 KW radar with AIS Added
- Auto Pilot and Sky Hook integrated with Cummins Axius System which will maintain position and heading
- Custom Stereo with Audiophile quality sound.
- HD ready LCD TV with Fusion DVD Player, Apple TV, AVX jack and marina cable tv connection
- Raymarine VHF with hinged whip antenna and remote speaker over helm station
- Raymarine ST 60 depth sounder with internal oil bath transducer
- Jabsco 400,000 cp bowrail mounted halogen spotlight (location avoids reflections off deck)
- Triple manually fully opening windshields with wiper/washers for excellent ventilation
3,680 watt high fidelity audiophile quality sound at 28 knots!
Fusion AV 750 head unit in galley. Remote mounted at helm.
Forward Berth Area ("BERTH" Zone)
- (2) Forward berth Clarion speakers. Powered by Fusion AV750 head unit amp and controlled by attenuator in the berth area.
- (2) Fusion MS-BX3020 galley Speakers
- (1) Fusion MS-AB206 Subwoofer / Amp combo - mounted in closet - coax speakers located by P/S portals.
Galley Area ("Galley" Zone)
- (1) Fusion MS-AV750 A/V and DVD head unit with HDMI cable connection to galley area TV
- (2) Fusion MS-BX3020 galley speakers
- (1) Fusion MS-AB206 Subwoofer / Amp combo for galley - mounted under settee
- (1 each) Fusion MS-CBUSB3.5 Panel Mount USB & 3.5mm AUX galley
Main Deck / Helm Area ("HELM" Zone)
- (2) 7.7" Fusion speakers SG-F77W (port / starboard) powered by JL Audio MHD600 amplifier
- (1) JL 12" M-Series Subwoofer powered independently from JL Audio MHD 750 Amplifier
- (1) Fusion 10" SG-S10W Subwoofer - powered independently from JL Audio MHD750 Amplifier
- (1) Helm mounted Fusion AV750 direct connect remote for 4-zone audio control
Aft Cockpit Area ("AFT" Zone)
- (2) 8.8" JL M880-CCX-CG-WH Coaxial speakers (port / starboard) powered by JL Audio MHD600 amplifier
- Northern Lights 6 kw 1800 rpm 3 cylinder generator, approx. 620 hours
- 110 volt AC system with Mastervolt inverter charger
- New secondary Blue Seas charger dedicated to engine and genset batteries.
- Shore power system with two 50' 30 amp cords
- Cummins 110 amp alternators on both engines
- 700 amp hr AGM battery total capacity. 2 - 8D 245 amp hr house batteries, new 2/2016. 3 - group 31 batteries for engine and generator.
- Upgraded terminals and connections for increased reliability.
- Custom MJM hinge out backlit electrical panel with 25 - 12 volt DC breakers and 12 - 110 volt AC breakers, stainless breaker guards and digital DC and AC monitors
- Blue Seas battery combiner
- Galvanic isolator
- Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings
- Field serviceable electrical system with bundled/numbered wires with Deutsch O - ring waterproof connectors
- Corian counter top with framed and paneled cherry cabinetry with push-button hardware
- Recessed polished SS sink with removable Corian cover and stainless combination faucet
- Flatware and utensil drawers (3) with Rubbermaid organizer
- Stainless Isotherm 5.5 cu ft 2 drawer refrigerator
- Separate freezer next to sink
- Ceramic 2 burner electric stove with pop up retainers
- Microwave, convection 5 way oven
- Flip lid access panel to large Rubbermaid trash bin
- Dry goods cabinets with sliding doors and intermediate shelf running full length of
- Textiline sunshade/privacy curtains for all bridge deck windows.
- Custom sunshade bimini for aft cockpit. New 2016
- 3 piece canvas fly cover for aft cockpit.
- Natural teak cockpit sole
- SS anchor w/ 35' SS Chain and 150' of rode, controls at helm and fore deck
- Bottom paint 2018
- All recommended service intervals.
- "Quiet Chine" hull modifications in 2015.
Hull and Deck
The Doug Zurn designed 40Z hull features a modified deep - V planing hull with 19 degree deadrise aft runnng forward 13 feet which then transitions to 50 degrees forward. This combined with dual lifting strakes, chine flats and generous bow flare make for the driest ride, exceptional stability and tracking upwind or down, and a low vertical center of gravity so she'll carve into turns rather than lean outwards as low tech heavier boats frequently do.
There is abundant under deck storage in the aft cockpit as a result of the stern drive engine configuration.
The legendary MJM fuel efficiency (as little as 50% of comparable 40 footers) is achieved through her high tech build that eliminates fuel wasting excess weight. Yet this high tech, high strength, high quality build process is certified ISO CE Mark Class A for an ocean going vessel capable of 24 GPG at 31 MPH cruise.
The ergonomics are simply unmatched starting with the innovative side boarding cockpit doors, making it safe and easy for everyone, children to seniors, to board.
The single level cockpit and pilot house sole and abundant handholds make moving about easy regardless of age or conditions.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.