2005 Sabre 426
Yacht price :
New Photos 9/4/19
Bhootan is a well cared for and thoroughly updated Sabre 426. She has seen several improvements this spring like newly varnished cabin sole, electrical system updates, and exterior teak re-finished. Many other updates were performed over the past 3 years which can be found in the listing details.
Bhootan has had a no expense spared history by this owner, and her previous and first owner, famous Irish sailor Jennifer Guinness of the Guinness Beer family. Read more about that history here: (https://afloat.ie/resources/news-update/item/31179-jennifer-guinness-1937-2016)
The Sabre 426 offers a safe and comfortable ocean going cockpit, with control lines lead aft for ease and comfort. The hull design from Jim Taylor is a well known collaboration with the Sabre team acclaimed for its construction and excellent sailing characteristics.
The interior has a very comfortable salon with large galley, forward facing nav-station, and convertible salon dining and sleeping area. The forward berth has direct access to the head and ample storage and hanging space. The aft berth is large extending onto center line adjacent to the storage garage accessed from on deck.
Schedule a walk through to see why this is the best Sabre 426 on the market.
- Annapolis, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 42 ft 7 in - 12.98 meter
- 13 ft 5 in - 4.09 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 24000 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 10 in - 2.08 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 59 ft - 17.98 meter
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 56 (Individual), 56 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 60 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 120 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- Exterior teak re-finished
- New interior outlets
- Fuel tank polished
- Fresh bottom paint
- Cabin Sole Re-finished
- New battery banks
- Refinished cockpit table
- Overhauled Edson Helm
- Toilet overhauls including all new pumps and piping
- New bimini
- Comprehensive windlass rebuild with all new motor and internal components
- Sand and varnish parts of interior
- New fusion stereo
- New fusion cockpit speakers
- New VHF
- New genoa
- New tempurpedic mattress
- Rig un-stepped rod re furbished with new heads
- New halyards
- Canvas work upgraded
- Hand crafted interior joinery in American cherry
- 6'6" headroom in main and aft areas, with 6'4" headroom in forward cabin
- Forward cabin has a 6'10" long berth
- Main cabin has (2) 6' 6" settee berths, port side converts to double.
- Aft-cabin with 6'10" long, full width double berth
- Ample drawers in cabins galley and main salon. Drawer boxes are Maple and have dovetailed corners.
- Flat panel passageway doors
- Large, cedar lined hanging lockers in forward and aft cabins.
- Optimized area for instrument installation, storage locker space and panel arrangement at the chart table.
- Locker doors are louvered.
- Four 12V 110 amp Group 31 deep cycle marine batteries (2017)
- 1 12V 110 amp Group 31 Engine Start battery(2017)
- 110V shore power system with GFI protected in galley and head. Includes 50a shorepower cord
- Macerator pump for head
- Master AC/DC panels, located in the navigation area, include AC/DC volt and ammeters, marine circuit breakers, and polarity indicator.
- All wiring is color coded and tinned and meets USCG standards
- Heart Freedom 25 Inverter/charger
- Sea Frost 12v refrigeration unit in galley
- 4 cylinder fresh water cooled diesel with 2.7/1 reduction gear.
- 12-volt 90 amp alternator
- 60 gallon custom aluminum fuel tank, vented and grounded
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Engine oil drip pan
- Flexible four point engine mount system to minimize vibration and noise
- Complete engine access provided by sound and heat insulated removable panels.
- Tachometer, hour meter, volt, oil, and temperature gauges are recessed in cockpit face
- Fuel gauge mounted at nav station
- 1 3/8" Aquamet prop shaft passes through a glassed in log, PSS dripless shaft seal with bronze strut and three blade sailor propeller
- Hall Spar mast head rigged Aluminum mast and boom with white Awlgrip finish
- Triple, airfoil spreaders
- Pre-wired with radio cable
- Stainless steel chainplates thru-bolted to chainplate bulkheads which are bonded to the hull. Chainplates grounded to the keel.
- Standing rigging is Navtec rod
- All running rigging is color coded
Propulsion and Steering
- Feathering 3-bladed MaxProp propeller.
- MaxPower CR70 bow thruster.
- Wheel steering with wheel cover.
- Edson No.402 pedestal with Richie SP-5 compass in stainless steel binnacle.
- Emergency tiller.
Navigation and Electronics
In the cockpit:
- Ritchie binnacle compass.
- Raymarine wind speed/angle.
- Raymarine tridata speed/depth/log.
- Raymarine graphic display.
- Raymarine autopilot display.
At the nav. station:
- Raymarine C80 colour chart plotter/radar.
- Raymarine GPS.
- DSC VHF radio.
- ISC Nav 6 weather fax.
- Sea-Me active radar reflector.
Heating and Ventilation
- Eberspacher hot air heating.
- 7 Lewmar polished Ocean Series deck hatches with wood framed screens.
- 4 main cabin recessed fixed port lights of Marguard Lexan.
- 2 stainless steel cowl vents.
- 8 Stainless Steel and 2 polished aluminum opening ports with screens.
- Acrylic sliding companionway hatch w/frp spray hood and solid teak hatch boards.
- Screened hatch boards.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.