Join Our Team
Marine Service Technician Job Description
North Point Yacht Sales is looking to expand our service team. North Point Yacht Sales in Annapolis MD is looking for a qualified Service Technician to join our growing business. This individual must be able to lead and guide others, be a problem solver, support team members, and work efficiently to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Required knowledge of boats ( and their operation ), marine engines, repairs and repair estimates, and maintenance for boats is necessary. Under the supervision of the Service Director, the Service Marine Technician will be responsible for:
- Performing work on boats to a high standard, both service and riggings as needed- service, diagnose, and repair.
- Diagnose and properly repair boats (sail and power) brought in for warranty and/or service in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines (both inboard and outboard) and other major components.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install electronics in boats including bilge pumps, charging systems, and steering systems, etc.
- Assist in the setup and testing of stock and new customers boats.
- Ability to winterize boats of all brands.
- Move boats and/or trailers as directed.
- Work with the Service Director and Service Coordinator to complete work in a timely manner.
- Handle multiple work orders and utilize computer systems to document work that has been performed.
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of marine diagnosis technology and certification, including Yamaha and Mercury certification, Tiara certification and other boat brand certification.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and in good working condition and maintain clean work place.